Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Stay At Home Mom: Day 1

I consider today to technically be my first day as a stay at home mom. The reason being, Brock has been with me since Blakely was born and today was his first day of work.

Things looked a little like this:

12:00 AM - 6:00 AM
Don't disturb Brock so he can sleep... and feed the baby a few times.

9:00 AM Finish feeding Blakely, put her down to sleep, do "mom/wife" things... fold laundry, clean up stuff, think about what to eat for dinner... etc.

At noon my mom came over to watch (aka hold) Blakely while I took a nap. I like it because then I don't have to have one ear on the monitor while I sleep.

3:30 PM Brock gets home from work, I shower and we take Blakely up to campus so I can show her off to my co-workers. They [of course] adored her.

5:00 PM Feed Blakely.

6:00 PM Make dinner (enchilladas..aye yi yi)

7:00 PM Pay all of Octobers bills (and realize how much money we don't have... grumble grumble)

8:00 PM Journal/Blog about the day.

So here we are. It was a great day. I love hearing everyone say how beautiful and perfect Blakely is. I 100% agree. Someone (who will not be named) even told me that Blakely was cuter than some of her own grandchildren. Dude - whoa. Most everyone says, some babies aren't that cute when they're born, but that Blakely is CUTE. They love her ears, and lips. She get's a lot of comments on those features, oh- and her awesome long brown hair and olive skin... okay and her cute cheeks.

Oh, and maybe the funnest part of my day (other than cuddling with Blakely and watching Modern Family) was that JJ Cole emailed me saying they're interested in using Blakely (and me) for a photoshoot. Dude, my baby already has a modeling job and she's not even two weeks old!

Here's a picture of her after her first bath we gave her last week.

Life is good. Don't forget to say a prayer of thanks for everything you have. Sometimes you don't appreciate it until something major happens, it's always nice to reflect on the positive things in life.

-Natalee

1 comment:

Lightning Strikes said...

She is seriously adorable!!! I wish I still lived up there so I could come see you guys!
~Meisha