Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Get out and Vote today!


Well today is here. Every leap year on the first Tuesday in November we should all be out to vote. We've all probably followed at least a little of what's going on- some of the issues that our country and state faces. This is the first year i'm able to vote (I missed it by a few months 4 years ago) and Brock and I just got back from doing exactly that.
It was actually pretty fun. Since i've never voted before I was a little nervous- only because I didn't want to look like a gomer with all these older people there able to work technology better than I could. They didn't even check my ID... ? When I got to my little booth I found myself looking over my shoulders to make sure no one was looking. I didn't really know how to use the card the poll lady gave me. I tried swiping it like a credit card, then I clicked it in and out of the machine. It said "Your ballot has been cancelled, please see the poll lady"... What?! Did I ruin my chance to finally vote? No I just didn't push the card in right. Ha.
So I started my voting process. There was alot of people to vote for! I think next time i'll learn about the local issues because I was a little confused at what I was voting for some of the time (please don't take that as stupidity-- i'm a very smart person). I wrote myself in on a few... I almost did for President but then I realized even if I won I wasn't old enough. :)
Ha ha overall voting was great, and there wasn't really any line for Brock and I to wait in. So moral of the story is-- get out and vote! Even if it's for yourself!
I

No comments: