Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Christmas for Thanksgiving

So today I felt in the Christmas mood- Brock and I have been listening to Christmas music on Pandora since November started and we've enjoyed it. My theory is- every year after Christmas is over I always wish it would last a little longer. So why not start it earlier!!

When I got to work today I had a new PC (my old one would turn off randomly...yet especially when I had someone at my desk) however I didn't have a keyboard. So I had to work at the empty desk aka "new accounts" desk. So I cleaned it off, very dusty, I even cleaned some of the very dirty letters on the keyboard and I wiped off the mouse.

That computer at that desk is the one that determines what music is played, so since it was my desk for the day- so was the music. I decided that some nice classic oldies Christmas would do just fine. WELL let me tell YOU that was not what everyone else thought. I have never seen such a reaction to music. I mean I probably could have played rap-sic-not your mama's music (not that I like that garbage) and gotten a relatively kinder response.

I overheard a few of my co-workers complain about the music, and claim that "people were complaining" about the music.... well guess what.... I had people complain that we didn't play Christmas music more often! No one ever asked me to change the station. Anyways, Steve- who is awesome and I know he doesn't like Christmas music before Thanksgiving, started a fun little game once he was back from lunch. He had turned the stereo volume all the way off. Once I noticed I casually turned it back on. IT WAS ALL FUN AND GAMES, but everyone seemed so passionate about it. I thought I might just get a demerit of some sort! Eventually my Pandora station was changed, and the power was cut to the speakers SO I had to go to my backup plan. I had a personal stereo at my desk from Halloween so I could play spooky music, and I decided to put on the non stop Christmas station. Since the speakers to the whole building had been sabotaged by NOT me, everyone could apparently hear my personal Christmas experience.

Donna, Kristi and Ali stormed over and demanded I turn it off. Ha, they were so funny because it drove them crazy. (Sorry guys but it's true). They ended up stealing the cord that goes from my stereo to the plug in the wall... which I got back later.

Anyways I think my boss was a little concerned about how everyone was picking on me, how I was being rebellious, and how everyone was being very Grinchy. And I hope I didn't make anyone mad by calling then Grinches... if I did I am sorry, it was all in fun.

It was so hilarious, and I couldn't help but keep playing along. I would never have thought that playing Christmas music before Thanksgiving would get me almost beaten by an umbrella.

8 comments:

Danny Brownell said...

I would prefer to be called your leader, el capitan, el jefe, but boss sounds so mean and ugly!

Lacey said...

I feel as if I never left! Thank you for the detailed picture and description! I could see it all happening! Rock on Natalee and keep doing it! I am listening to Christmas music too so ignore all the Grinches and stick with your brilliant plan!

Jenny said...

I hope my mom wasn't one of those grinches!!! Tell Steve L hi for me! He was the best boss I've ever had and even though he likes to act the grinch part, is really a big softie!

Megan said...

Listen to me natalee! I resent that you are lumping us all into one catergory. I was very nice to you about this whole thing. While I don't appreciate christmas music in November, I am in no way hostile about it.

Jeni and Mike said...

Hey you two! I found your blog through Kenny's so I hope you don't mind. Mike mentioned he stopped by the hotel this week. I hope all is going well there and that school is going well.

Natalee said...

Clarification: Everyone complained about the music except for Karen, and Lee. (Perhaps Danny- I don't remember).

Kimberly Nan said...

We have been listening to Christmas music at our branch too!

Josiah & Mandy Smith Family said...

Was I there for all of this? Please add me to the list of people who did not complain.