Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2015

First Week in MN

So much has happened since we've been here in MN. It's kind of hard to write it all... I should have written a little each day. Let's see what I can recall:

Thursday - I arrived with Blakely, we stayed at a hotel that night since our "stuff" wasn't being delivered till the next morning. Slept, horribly.

Friday - Moving in!! It was definitely hectic since the owners decided to wait till we moved in to paint the ENTIRE house. Literally every wall in the house got painted. So that meant that there were 2 moving guys and about 8 painting guys running around. The movers couldn't move everything into the house since the painters were in the way, but they did the best they could and left the rest in the garage. Thank goodness for Brock, because I literally can't lift nearly any of the boxes due to a tiny human who has not been named yet.

Saturday - unpacking, unpacking, unpacking.

Sunday - Church! Our church building is about 15 minutes south of us in the middle of nowhere. Seriously. You pass a bunch of fields and stuff to get there. I'm pretty sure you can see Wisconsin from the drive (hee, hee). Church was super. Sacrament meeting was awesome - there were three talks that were all really great. People talked about family history and temple service and things. Then the bishop got up after all the remarks and basically said, "Thanks for your talks, I really like the part where you illustrated that sometimes people are brought into our lives at specific times for specific reasons"... and I swear he looked right at me when he said that. I remember the song from Wicked was stuck in my head, "There are people who come into our lives..." hashtag meant to be? Maybe ;)

MacKenzie (insert last name when I remember it) came up and introduced herself. She was SUPER nice and awesome. She is married with four kids, they invited us over that night for ice cream. She also took Blakely to nursery with her two year old Amelia, and Blakely walked right in and didn't cry once. #proudmommy

It was the 5th Sunday so Brock and I stayed together the rest of the meeting. Sunday School made me really excited to (hopefully) get a calling, and the combined 3rd hour meeting was really good. The bishop talked about temples. Also, during that meeting Brock introduced us and it was fun to hear people say funny things like, "Man these guys are perfect - we didn't have to move them in or anything!"

Monday -Brock's first day of work!! Wahoo!! It's about a 10 minute drive to work (15 with traffic) and I think things went really well. Brock doesn't say much about much of anything BUT I did get really good vibes from him. I think he's really going to like his job, especially when he gets into the groove and starts to really get comfortable.
I was super productive while Brock was gone, unpacking all sorts of things and getting things put away Heck I even made dinner (if you don't already know this about me, I do not like to cook, I like to eat... there is a big difference).

Tuesday - Yet another productive day for me and awesome day for Brock.

Wednesday - crazy loud thunder/lightning storm with some slight productivity at home. We got the internet today too which is a  l i f e s a v e r  for me. #momtrepreneur

Thursday - Blakely and I took Daddy to work, hung out with MacKenzie and kids, did a little shopping, and you know just had fun :)

So far there's not really much to complain about, other than things are different (why is this bathroom counter taller than our at home? why don't we have more drawers in the kitchen? what's up with everything being not Utah and not exactly what we are used to? OH WELL MAYBE it's because it's all different... ya sillies.) and if things being different is our biggest problem right now, I feel pretty blessed.

Love and peace.

Nat.

PS. Lots of pics, video, etc to come.

No comments: