Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Moving Day

It has been an eventful weekend. Heck, it's been an eventful month.

Today is moving day for Blakely and I. I'm typing this from my parents couch. My Dad just left work work, my sister just got home from her night shift and is sleeping, and my mom and daughter are sleeping/cuddling in bed. So I get the whole house to myself.

I just got off the phone with Brock who just pulled up into our new home to get the keys. I have butterflies of excitement thinking that I'll get to see him today, while at the same time, tears starting to well up thinking about what a peaceful goodbye my dad said to Blakely, how much he (and everyone) is going to miss her, and of course how much i'll miss everyone here in Utah.

This has been a physically and emotionally very hard month. Physically because I'm 6-7 months pregnant, and emotionally --- yeah that's pretty obvious why but it's been rough with selling our first home, traveling back and forth, and just the whole ambiguity of a lot of things. I'm pretty sure I've never really had anxiety until about 2-3 weeks ago when Brock and I flew out to find our new home. Yeah, anxiety sucks... and there was literally nothing I could do about it. I'm still fighting it even today. The two things that help me are 1) Brock and 2) listing to this audiobook called, "Boys in the Boat" which is about the "dramatic story of the American rowing team that stunned the world at Hitler's 1936 Berlin Olympics.

BUT... this whole time I've never felt like we have been doing the wrong thing. And that brings me a lot of peace. It has not been easy, but I feel like my Heavenly Father is guiding our family and there are great things in store for us.

So this morning will be filled with packing, breakfast, goodbyes, probably lots of tears, emotions, being rockstar mom in the airport, and who knows what else. It's been so weird to have time ticking away here in Utah. It's hard to say goodbye, but it's time. Time to finally feel free to be excited about this new adventure, and to look forward to a new beginning.

Lots more to come. I have a lot to say about this move that I want to remember :)

No comments: