Pages

Saturday, May 24, 2014

#champsummer14

Well we made it last night to Dekalb. We left about 7AM Thursday morning, and arrived about 7PM Friday night. It was a long two days of driving. Here's some highlights from the drive:


  • About 30 minutes into Thursday's drive, Blakely threw up all over herself and the carseat. It stunk the whole way.
  • We saw lots of trains
  • Went through Blakely's first tunnel
  • Decided we never want to live in Wyoming
  • Stopped at a cool rest stop in Sydney, NE... stopped in an even cooler rest stop in Iowa (it was up on a little hill and had really nice facilities and WIFI!)
  • Saw hundreds of wind mills
  • Ate lots of yummy snacks (thanks Grandma Lenis, Allen's and Champlin's!)
  • Watched Frozen, played with stickers, dolls, Daniel Tiger and more
  • Slept a bunch, drove about 20 hours 
  • Brock drove the whole way except about four hours Thursday and two hours Friday
  • and of course the first thing we did after getting to the hotel and unpacking... went to Target. 
I've decided to use Evernote to keep all of our receipts from the trip in a digital (searchable) format. I'm really glad i'm doing that. It'll be helpful. 

I'll make a video of the place we're staying. Sadly, it's about half as big as I thought because I was mistaken. I thought we were getting the VIP Suite (which is two rooms, a mini bar area, couch and dining table area, bathroom and separate king bedroom) but we are in the King Suite which is a separate bedroom, with a front room. We have a VERY SMALL mini fridge and microwave which happens to be the perfect height for Blakely to touch, push button, open the fridge door (oh dear...). I'll have to get creative with storage. No drawers in the bathrooms so everything looks cluttered on the countertops (I'm definitely the kind of person that needs things to look nice and clean) so we'll see what we can do. 

I told Brock we'll just get used to living in +/- 400 sq ft so we can live in some really cool big city like London or NYC. 

Well. One really cool things is I never have to "make" breakfast this summer. :) Yay! We're headed down to eat right now. More updates to come. I'll definitely be blogging more this summer than I usually do. 

PS. More PICTURES to come too... yay!

PPS. The hashtag we are using for this summer is #champsummer14 so feel free to follow me on Instagram if you want "live" updates of our summer. 

Love, hugs and kisses,

Brock, Natalee and Blakely








1 comment:

Barbara K said...

Thanks for sharing. Glad you arrived safely.