Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Welcome Home Max!!



Well we all went to pick up Max today, Luke and Rick drove down with us to the airport. I can't describe how I felt while I was waiting.. it was nervous excitement to say the least! I've never welcomed a missionary home at the airport before (that I can remember) and it was an awesome experience. We all were a little teary eyed when Linda was finally holding her missionary again! I didn't take too many pictures, and the ones I did were a little blurry, but here they are!

We ended up waiting at the bottom of some stairs/escalators and it took FOREVER before we saw Max, Brock and I brought Howie too. Afterwards we went to Tepanyaki for dinner... always a treat to have your food diced and sliced in front of you! The chef guy made an onion volcano, and Brock and I both caught the shrimp he tossed to us. (me on the second try) and LUKE- aka MR Professional shrimp catcher, caught 3 in a row!

It was a lot of fun, I think my favorite part was just sitting at the Champlin's talking with the family and laughing about great things.

Go White Rhino.



2 comments:

Natalee said...

P.S. Max looks like Zach... a lot!

Trisha said...

ohmygosh- I feel like the WORST sister in law ever. I didn't even KNOW you were actually posting on your blog! what the heck!
Well, now that you know that I'm not really a lame-o, just an airhead maybe all can be forgiven!
Also, I wish I could have been there, I remember when Brock came home, it feels like it was so recent... wow it all goes so fast.