Pages

Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Parties

So Brock and I went to the Allen Christmas party tonight at my Aunt Brenda's house. It was a lot of fun! I brought my cello and my dad and me played Christmas songs- he played the trumpet. Usually every year the kids put on a "play" of Mary and Joseph and stuff... BUT this year my aunt decided that the "married people and older" were going to do it.

We decided that my Grandpa Allen would read from Luke 2, and every few versus we sang songs that had to do with what he was reading. So I played my cello to songs like, Oh Little Town of Bethlehem, Away in a Manger, Far Far Away on Judea's plane, Hark the Herald Angels Sing, Joy to the World, and I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day. Wow, it was so amazing and I couldn't hold back the tears. I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day is my FAVORITE song and we all sang the first two verses while my Grandpa sang that last ones. I played my cello and it was amazing. I didn't really know the notes but it just came to me and somehow my fingers moved and it translated into the notes of the song. I felt so overwhelmed, and so happy. I love my families so much, life means so much to mean and I am so happy to belong to the true church of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for his sacrifice for me individually. I know he loves us all, and wants us all to return to live with him. What a wonderful plan of happiness we have. I know it is worth all the sacrifices we have to make to stay on the straight and narrow. This was one of the best Christmas parties i've been to with the Allen family. I love my Grandpa and Grandma- I was thinking about how he sealed Brock and I in the temple about 2 1/2 years ago... what a wonderful experience! I'm so excited to start a family (hopefully soon) and am thankful for this season.

Tomorrow we have the Champlin Family Christmas Party- wahoo! That will be way fun! Monday is the Roberts Family Party. Brock and I are going to be partied out!

Thank you everyone for your love and examples to me, what a wonderful life!!!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I'm totally bummed that we missed out this year. I was having loads of fun (NOT) with my graduate comprehensive exam to finally get my Masters degree! Wahoo! I hope Aunt Brenda does this next year.