Pages

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Otter Cove Water Park

For the 4th of July we went to this really cool water park called: Otter Cove Aquatic Park.


Um, it was AWESOME! It had a lazy river, diving boards, three amazing spash-pads, a kiddle pool, a normal pool, slides, food and fun!

We spent nearly 5 hours there and just had a blast. It was so fun because Blakely LOVES the water and just goes crazy over it! There was a "frog slide" for Blakely where she would slide down its tongue into about a foot of water. I don't think we can count how many times we went on that slide. It was a great temperature, beautiful and so much fun. We were happy to have a family day together.

We headed back, ate dinner and then went to Dekalb Park for 4th of July music and fireworks. We parked about a mile away (traffic was bad... and we showed up after the party started). We didn't mind walking. We came to this super cool amphitheater, where a live orchestra was playing music. It was so quaint, and felt like a real small American town experience. They played music from Frozen, some classics and more. Loved it!

Well as the orchestra played, about 100 years away they set off a few test fire works.

Are you kidding me, we all about went deaf!! I covered Blakely's ears till they were done and then we booked it out of there. I can't believe people stayed! It was ridiculous how loud it was. So we walked back to the car to watch from our back seat/trunk. On the walk back we saw fireflies for the first time!! Wow they are cool!

The fireworks were great, and we could see them just fine. It was a great night. Just lots of fun. I love my family, I love this country, and I am so grateful for the sacrifice of others for my freedom. God Bless America!

No comments: