Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Blakely Rio: The Short Version

September 18, 2012

4:00 AM

Wake up to horribly painful contractions. I timed they at 7-10 minutes apart. I posted something on Facebook like, "Seven minutes in heaven takes on a whole new meaning when your contractions are seven minutes apart." Haha.

4:45 AM

Woke Brock up (who was sleeping on the couch). I was in so much pain. After a while I had him call the doctor to see if she should come in. We knew they said wait till they were 3-5 minutes apart, but they were so painful. They told Brock if I couldn't talk through them it was ok to come in.

I took a long, hot shower, which did help, but they still kept coming. The most comfortable position for me was on my hands and knees and I'd just try to breathe through the contraction. I tried really hard to relax the rest on my body but I remember having one contraction and I said, "Dude, get me to the hospital- I want an epidural.". Brock packed our hospital bag and put the car seat in the car.

10:00 AM

Got to the hospital. I was dilated to 5cm (the day before was my Dr appointment and I was at a 3.5).

11:00 AM

Got an epidural

11:00AM - 4:00PM

I didn't progress as fast as I would have thought. They put me on pitocen (which I didn't like and eventually had them take off), I was able to take an 1 1/2 nap and then started pushing around 4PM.

4:00PM - 6:09 PM

An hour of pushing, 20 minutes on my side so hopefully the baby would move to the correct position. She was head facing up instead of head facing down. Thank goodness she cooperated. I pushed for another 30 minutes or so and then at 6:09PM sweet baby Blakely was born.

I breathed such a sign of relief and was so happy. I was all teary-eyed. They put her on my chest and I just couldn't believe what was happening. It was surreal. Brock cut the cord and then was glued to her. I did have a second-degree tear that the doctor stitched up. When delivery was over family came in to meet hte new baby. About an hour later we went up to the recover room... two days later we took her home... and now the rest is history in the making!

No comments: